Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Life's Eve

Today is my last day. Tomorrow will be my first.

It's finally here. As of 1:00 pm this afternoon, I will be a free man. Free of the bonds of the 9-5 (8:30-5:30), free of the strains of conformity, free of the arrogant and hypocritical condescension of my superiors. Starting tomorrow, I work for myself. For how long and to what degree of success, only time will tell.

What an appropriate last day - the final day of the decade. This next decade is mine. I will become healthy - like, REALLY, genuinely healthy - I will sell a novel, sell a screenplay, stage my stand-up, book some paying roles, etc. It's the "etc" that I'm really pumped about. Sky's the limit.

I feel a definite transformation taking place in me. I'm getting back to where I was a decade ago, when I was young and enthusiastic and the world seemed full of possibilities. It's been a long time, but I welcome back the feeling wholeheartedly. I'm scared shitless, but couldn't be happier.

And I have the most amazing, most wonderfully supportive and beautiful person I have ever met to hold my hand and take the journey with me. I couldn't be doing this without her.

It's time. No more delays, no more excuses. Now, this time around, it's succeed or go hungry.

And you all know how much I'd hate to go hungry.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 69 weight: 215.9 lbs
Total loss: 6.5 lbs

3 comments:

  1. You made me cry....I have always believed you have the power, and most certainly the talent, to achieve whatever you set your mind to do. You already know that, but I thought I'd just say it again in case you forgot.

    I love you with all my heart..and I love that beautiful person holding your hand and taking this journey with you..

    HAPPY NEW LIFE!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blushing, all those nice things you said about me. Thank you for saying I'm beautiful! You accidentally called me "her," though, and I've told you how I feel about that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. from a fellow unemployed person who's taking a leap into a scary unknown world of "what do i REALLY want" - CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the best decade of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete