Thursday, December 17, 2009

No Rest for the Flabby

I'm going to need to make some serious changes to my sleep habits. I'm realizing that my routine nights of 3, 4, 5 hours of sleep have the following negative effects:

1) Getting lots of rest helps you lose weight. I'm pretty sure I've heard that somewhere.
2) I'm always too tired to go to the gym.
3) This leaves 19, 20, 21 hours for potential eating.

Of course, once I am free of the bonds of the 9 to 5, this will be an easier thing to turn around. I still intend to be pretty strict with myself about putting in full days of work, but I'm sure as hell not starting at NINE, for Chrissakes.

I'm going to try to work out tonight - at LEAST go for a long, brisk walk. The problem is that I got 3 hours of sleep on Tuesday night and about 5 hours last night. So I'm hurtin'.

I'm also beginning to realize that Cardball - the card game I invented that simulates the game of football - is not as much exercise as the real thing. I played two games yesterday and barely broke a sweat. I did, however, improve to 11-3 on the season, so put that on your spoon and eat it.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 55 weight: Two-hundred-something
Total loss: You do the math

No comments:

Post a Comment