Monday, December 21, 2009

And On the 59th Day He Fasted

Okay, so this hasn't been going so well. Holiday party on Saturday night, holiday party last night, and little to no self-control at either.

But I don't want you, my loyal readers (my parents and girlfriend), to start doubting that I'm going to make this happen - the fact is that, although I may have put a few pounds back on since reaching my low point, I am on the verge of a great surge in my weight loss efforts.

My last day of work is now officially 12/31, which means that, beginning 1/1 (how appropriate!), I will be away from the temptations of the office kitchen, I will have less money with which to buy food, and will have plenty of time and energy to go regularly to the gym. The pounds are going to come off in a hurry - I feel confident about this. Besides, I've put on less weight this season than I usually do at the holidays, so even if I am doing myself harm, at least it's less harm than I usually do myself.

So today I'm fasting. Not COMPLETELY, of course - I have a hard enough time not eating when I'm NOT hungry. But I haven't eaten anything yet today, and am going to see how long I can keep it going. Just a one-day thing, to give my stomach a rest and shrink it back down a few sizes.

But my, am I hungry already. Oo-ee...

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 59 weight: I'm afraid of the scale
Total loss: You're like a broken record

No comments:

Post a Comment