Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Know, I Know, I Know

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Nice work on the blog, Kreisman. Way to keep up with it every day like you said you would. I guess this is where you lose motivation and start piling the pounds back on, eh? Can't even stick to a simple blog...

Well look here - I don't appreciate your attitude. You don't know me. Okay, yes - I've slacked a bit on the blog in the past few days. But I've been a tad busy, if you must know, and besides, I've been staying completely on task in the weight loss department.

In fact, your utter lack of faith in me is a bit disheartening, if I'm being honest. How are we ever going to further our blogger-follower relationship if you can't give me a little credit? I don't know. Maybe I'm being a little too defensive. I might have the same thoughts running through my head if I were you.

Truce?

Anyway, I went for a 2-hour, fast-paced walk last night. It was inspired more by a stressful day than the desire to burn off some calories, but ah well. Result was the same. I was a sweaty mess by the time I walked back through the door, and that's what counts.

Did I stop for a bite of frozen yogurt halfway through my walk? YES I DID. But come on. Are you telling me I didn't earn at least a little treat? Jesus - just when I felt like we were moving past all this...

I can feel my stomach shrinking, that's for sure. I am now regularly leaving food on my plate, with no regard for the starving children in Africa. I am fixing myself smaller portions of things, snacking on veggies (sometimes), and eating salads routinely. And many of the times that I usually would not be able to resist nibbling on something naughty, I am now somehow finding the strength to look the offending party in the eye and say, "Not today, carbohydrates. Find yourself another sucker."

Mmm. Sucker.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 30 weight: 213.8 lbs
Total loss: 8.6 lbs

1 comment: