Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hunter Freberg, Director of Stan Freberg

I saw a fascinating comedic legend and his obnoxious wife at the Castle last night. Stan Freberg, multiple emmy- and grammy-award winner, inductee into the Radio Hall of Fame, famed voice artist, etc., told a pretty inspiring story about how he got discovered way back when. He hopped on a bus at 19 years old, got off in Hollywood, walked into a random talent agency office, inquired about representation, did a few voices, and was cast doing voice-over work in a variety of projects by some top Hollywood producers within 24 hours. I may have to try that bus thing.

In response to my mother’s concerned comments, I am, in fact, eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. I’ve been eating a salad just about every other day, and have been frequently snacking on raw broccoli and carrots. SO THERE.

Jamey and I worked on our sitcom pilot for a couple of hours on Sunday. It’s going to be slow-going, I think, as is often the case when you get together two people with very particular ideas about what will bring the funny, but it’s going to be a very rewarding process in the end, I’m sure. If anyone knows Jason Alexander, please have him give me a call. We have a part for him.

Coming up on the end of Month 1 of this weight loss deal-i-o. I really want to hit the 10-pound mark by then, but I’m not going to beat myself up if I fall short. I did just get back from a freakin’ cruise, after all.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 25 weight: 216.3 lbs
Total loss: 6.1 lbs

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 26 weight: 215.4 lbs
Total loss: 7.0 lbs

3 comments:

  1. I love Stan Freberg like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ... you should talk with Donavan Freberg, his son. What's happened to the family under this new "direction" sounds criminal. (from linda ravenswood via facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is criminal. This woman literally dug up my mothers grave and stole my father away from me, my sister and his granddaughter. The last thing she said to me was, "as long as I'm alive, you'll NEVER see your father again"...unfortunately, at least so far, she was right.

    ReplyDelete