Thursday, January 7, 2010

This Is Why I Don't Believe in You, God

Because if you DID exist, then when someone gets all motivated and eats well and starts exercising every day, you would reward him by having his body lose a correspondingly appropriate amount of weight. But NOOO-OOO. You have to throw on a few more tenths, just to confuse the hell out of him and send him into a tizzy. Fine then. BE non-existent.

No, I know, I know - there's just some natural fluctuation in there that can't always be explained. It is frustrating though - I feel like I should be seeing some definite progress in the pounds department, but I'm still plateauing. I'm sure, however, that if I just keep up my new habits, there's going to be that ONE day where all of a sudden I lose 37 pounds. That's just how the human body works.

As far as everything else goes, I've been very good this week. I've been writing every day, have sent out my first screenplay since my new "job" began, submitted a book query for The Wellspring to an indie publisher, watched a 90-minute webinar on online marketing tools for writers, started reading through my new Writer's Digest issues, created a plethora of various spreadsheets and tracking tools, signed up on Backstage, and have spent a great deal of time responding to emails from people who replied to my facebook "event" by offering advice or suggesting a connection to someone who may be able to help me. It is this fostering of relationships that I have a feeling is going to be most helpful in my quest to make a living someday doing this shit.

The one thing that I most fear is going to hold me back, on the other hand, is Dexter. Dammit, that's a good show.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 76 weight: 215.5 lbs
Total loss: 6.9 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment