Friday, January 22, 2010

A Real Stand-Up Guy

I checked out an open mic night, and it was painful, as expected. However, I've been told that really the only way to start getting known on the circuit and, hopefully, to start making some money at this, is to just get out there and perform wherever and whenever possible. I'm a little sick at the moment, but I think I'm going to start next week. If I don't feel like I'm going to puke from the thought of it.

I've been reading a book called "Ultra-Metabolism" (thanks, Auntie!) and it's honestly helping me look at my eating habits in a whole new light. It basically addresses all the things we've always heard (eat breakfast every day, don't eat within 2 hours of going to bed, etc.) but it also EXPLAINS everything. That's what I've been missing... there are so many "rules" that we've always been taught to follow, but a lot of those are just horseshit, so I often disregard them. However, this book so clearly demonstrates how harmful certain behaviors and foods are, that I can't help but change my thought process about it all...

As I mentioned, I've been sick the past few days, and we've been in the midst of the worst storm in LA in the past 20 years, so I haven't been going to the gym this week. I'll be back at it next week though, don't you worry.

Still been writing and submitting every day - sure hope something comes of it soon...

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 91 weight: 213.9 lbs
Total loss: 8.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment