Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Continuing to Truck

All right, so the self-imposed tough love hasn't worked. Plan B: I will no longer beat myself up for not writing my blog every single day. If I do, great, but as long as I keep it up at least 2-3 days a week, I will no longer feel pressure to flagellate myself with a spiked club.

Things are going well in the food department - I've been eating very well lately. Most importantly, I've been reducing portion sizes and snacking, which are my big issues. Seeing some results on the scale, slow though they may be. But I'm almost back down to my low point since taking a bit of a nose dive over the holidays.

I was pretty good about working out last week, too - went to the gym twice, ran one day, and played tennis another. I was pretty lethargic this weekend, however (thanks a lot, football), so I need to get back in the swing of things today.

The writing has been going well, too - I figured out that if I can write 2,000 words a day in my novel, at least 5 days a week, I should have this mother done in about 2 months. I've been going at about that pace, so we shall see...

I've been focusing on the writing side of things so far, but this week I'm going to dig in my heels and start getting my acting resume out there as well. It's been a while since I've had an audition, so I'm a ball of nerves, but the idea is to get out there often enough so that, eventually, it becomes second nature. Or first nature - ooh, first nature would be even better.

I've also been working on my stand-up, and I'm planning to go to an open mic night tonight to check it out and see if it feels like the right spot for me to take the plunge. I want to make sure that my first stand-up venture is somewhere I feel comfortable, and am unlikely to get heckled and booed, and where they serve alcohol, so that I seem funny. Actually, looking for a place where they serve alcohol and I am unlikely to get heckled or booed might be tough. I might have to settle for one or the other.

Okay - time to get to work!

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 87 weight: 214.1
Total loss: 8.3 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering how the open mike thing went?! They better not be booing my boy!
    Of course they will think you're funny. Don't be ridiculous....or maybe you SHOULD be ridiculous....you are very funny when you're being ridiclous.
    =)

    ReplyDelete