Friday, October 23, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

Slight change of plans.

Without going into too much detail, certain circumstances transpired today to make it fairly apparent that, one way or another, I will not be employed at my present place of enjoyment for very much longer.

Huzzah! That's one of the items on my list!

I hadn't anticipated this happening so soon, however. And so, because I will certainly not last the length of the office weight loss program, I opted to withhold the $186 sign-up fee and instead set my money aside for more pressing purposes, such as food and shelter.

But never fear, my loyal one-day followers! $1,500 or no, I'm still going to do this thing! Same goal, same timeline. IT'S ON.

I weigh 222.4 pounds.

Here are some other things that weigh 222.4 pounds:

28 human heads
11 automobile tires
7 cinder blocks
2 fashion models
Arnold Shwarzeneggar
1/2 of a Welsh pony

In other words, I weigh a bit.

Here's the goal: lose 30 pounds in four months. (192.4 by February 23rd) I would ultimately like to end up in the 170-180 range, but I don't want to put a precise number on it - I'll stop losing once I feel trim and healthy.

I went grocery shopping after work today and didn't buy anything fun. BUT! My plan is to gradually brainwash myself into believing that certain untasty comestibles (such as all those in the vegetable family) are gloriously delicious. This I will accomplish by continually consuming the bland things until my body craves it and knows no other sustenance. I'm going to have to lay 100% off the bad stuff. I've tried in the past letting myself have a nibble here and there so that I'm not depriving myself entirely. Didn't take.

No - from now on my desserts are caramel corn rice cakes and fruit-flavored icicles. Once I reach a healthier weight I will let up a tad, but in the meantime I must go whole hog (like my breakfast this morning).

Tomorrow I'll start counting points. Hell, why not still use the Weight Watchers formula, even if I'm not going to be participating in the program - those people seem to know what they're doing. I get 35 points a day. That's like one sandwich.

Here's hoping I can drop a cinder block or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment