Monday, October 26, 2009

Shrinkage

My scale may be defective. Not that I'm arguing with it. But it's telling me that I lost 3.8 pounds since yesterday.

Don't get me wrong - I behaved myself pretty well. Subway, Special K bars, just a taste of frozen yogurt. But I don't think I was 3.8 pounds good. I mean, I didn't make myself throw up or anything.

Anyway, I'll take it. I welcome progress with open arms.

I'm also going to the gym tonight. I think I'm going to the gym tonight. If Erin calls me back in the next half hour and still wants to go, I'm going to the gym. But if she doesn't call or doesn't feel up to it, then I am definitely not going to the gym. There are a lot of stars that need to align in order for me to go to the gym.

Tell you what - if I don't go to the gym, I'll at least do some sit-ups. And then I'll eat a pizza. KIDDING. Jesus, relax.

Among the other items of lard I intend to discard is my neck pain. I'm not quite sure why I was born with a neck that feels like someone forgot to remove a hanger from it, but there it is. I need to research some exercises that I can start doing regularly to loosen it the hell up. Hopefully healthier eats and the gradual removal of stress from my life will help as well.

Vitamins would probably be a good thing for me to start taking, huh? Anyone got any helpful suggestions? I'm partial to the Flintstone ones, personally. But I know those are for kids, so... are there any shaped like the cast of The Office? I would take those. But I would steer clear of the 'Creed's.

I need to work my way from 12-inch Subway sandwiches to 6-inch ones. All in good time, my pet. It's going to take a little while for my stomach to shrink down to normal human size.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 4 weight: 219.9 lbs
Total loss: 2.5 lbs

2 comments:

  1. I will have everyone know that I called Todd after I got off work at 9:45pm and we went to the gym..I actually wanted to go..blow off some steam from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, you know I'm always going to have suggestions. Don't just get a cheap multi-vitamin. Look for one with a whole food complex..i.e, fruits and vegs, in addition to the vitamins and minerals. Mine also has Omega 3's, probiotics, green tea and grapeseed extract. Look to add what you can, wherever you can. Here and there adds up!(spinach in an omelet, broccoli on a potato, etc.). Eat a colorful diet...and, no, that does not mean m&m's and fruit loops!
    I have so many ideas for you....but I will send you some links instead of writing it all here. I still think, no, KNOW, you need someone working on your spine. Massage, chiropractor, etc.. Trust me, there IS help for you. You do not need to feel like that! (I know I removed that hanger when you were born...) Keep up the good work, love!!!!!!! I'm behind you 100%!

    ReplyDelete