Sunday, October 25, 2009

Well If It Was Easy, This Wouldn't Be a Very Interesting Blog, Now Would It?

Note to self: do not begin a diet immediately before trekking to a German beer garden for Oktoberfest.

Granted, I could have been worse. I managed to stick to one stein of beer (despite a number of my highly intoxicated friends attempting to bring peer pressure back into style), and one Polish sausage on a bun with German potato salad. I later did, however, partake of a good portion of the largest pretzel you have ever seen and/or heard of. Seriously. Take what you're picturing - now double it.

And then this afternoon I needed to drown my Bears-induced sorrows a little bit with a couple of cocktails and part of a (meatless) breakfast burrito. 45-10 the final. Okay - now you understand.

But I'm getting right back on track - I will not let this slight lapse transform into failure!

When I stepped on the scale today, before registering a number it said, "Err." Whether this is short for "Error" or simply my scale's way of stalling for time - not good.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 3 weight: 223.7 lbs
Total loss: -1.3 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up buddy. I know you can do it. Just think how much weight you'll lose when your heart starts beating on your way into work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little changes at a time...it's really the best way. Next time, polish sausage...NO BUN and drown your Bear sorrows with only ONE cocktail. (it can be a little oversized, though, if they continue to play the way they played last Sunday!)
    aaannnnd.....I know you want to track the numbers, but maybe only once a week on the scale???? Payton suggests a weekly graph of some sort. :o) Go Toddles....WE LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete