Friday, October 22, 2010

Year One

Well, I did it. Since starting this blog exactly one year ago today, I am now officially hot and sexy.

Well, okay - hot, at least. In fact, I'm gonna turn on the air.

All right, so I still have a ways to go. I've made some great strides in many areas, and have a lot of work left to do in others. I was hoping to hit the 200 pound mark this morning, because the poetry of that would have been MIND-BLOWING, but I've had a rough few days, and have been sick since yesterday, so the working out has kind of taken a back seat to sneezing out all of my brain fluid. I'm confident I'll hit it soon, however, and boy oh boy just wait until you see the crazy-ass party I throw when THAT happens. Hint: there will be cupcakes.

Still, I'm 20 or so pounds lighter than when I started writing this, and while it's not as much as I had hoped, it IS substantial progress, and I'm finally moving steadily in the right direction without too much yo-yoing. And I'm getting stuck in far fewer revolving doors.

I have a lot of things in place that I didn't a year ago; the stand-up is taking off more than anything else, which I wouldn't have predicted. I also now have an agent and have had a couple of auditions recently, so maybe the acting side of things is about to experience a surge as well. However, I've been especially frustrated in the past few days - I heard back from both of the literary agents who had requested to read my manuscript, both of whom have decided to pass. I was just put on the availability list for a regional commercial and should hear soon - it would be awesome if I snagged that, but until I hear back, I still haven't booked a paying gig since I started submitting (granted, I have only been on 3 auditions, but that in itself is a bit aggravating). And, other than the money I won from the stand-up contest a couple months ago, I still haven't made ANY money following ANY of my pursuits since I began. That ain't good. I'm going to need to start turning that around REAL soon. If any of you have heard of any places to go where I might find a briefcase of money lying around, or one of those burlap sacks with the big dollar sign on it, please advise.

Anyway, I'm encouraged but presently a bit annoyed by my situation. I'm trying to concentrate on the positives, but the half-jew in me is continually looking for ways to focus on the negatives. I might also be putting a more upbeat spin on things if I wasn't currently swimming in a sea of used facial tissues.

Of course, if I had already accomplished all of my goals, there would be nothing left to write about! So there's the good news, my loyal reader. You get to keep being subjected to more of THIS.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep believing in the 'Do what you love, and the $$ will follow' philosophy....because you are REALLY good at what you love!!

    ReplyDelete