Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tenth of a Ton

Well, ladies and gents, it took me just over a year to get here, but here I am at last: under 200 pounds for the first time in about 3 years!

I dropped my 23rd pound yesterday, after having a rough spot around the Halloween season. There were Lofthouse cookies and chocolate-covered pretzel candies and more - I did indeed put a few pounds back on, but I jumped right back on the horse (who groaned under the weight) and turned things around in a hurry!

I also watched the documentary Food, Inc. two nights ago. I strongly recommend this film to anyone looking to lose weight by NEVER EATING AGAIN. In all seriousness, it's one of those movies that really makes you look at things in a new light. I've been trying to make the move over to more organic and unprocessed foods for the past several months, but now I think I'm going to step it up even more. Fewer exceptions, less cheating. Delicious food, delicious though it may be, is just plain GROSS. Gross, scary and unsafe. And let's be honest here - the food we shouldn't be eating IS more delicious than its healthier counterparts (you're seriously deluding yourself if you think otherwise). The former is genetically engineered to be so. However, we shouldn't choose a certain path simply because it's more immedately gratifying. It's easier and more comfortable to remain seated on the couch than to get up and start moving, but we feel guilty when we bum around and there's a good reason for that. And as we also all know, it is highly inadvisable to follow many of our natural impulses - things that seem like they would be a good time but may have dire consequences, such as engaging in polygamous relationships, smoking drugs, and murder.

Anyway, feeling good, and even more cofident that the pounds will continue to come off. Only 199 more pounds to go before I'm invisible!

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 377 weight: 199.3 lbs
Total loss: 23.1 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I am so impressed and happy for you! You speak the truth, young man, but I am discovering that eventually you may come to prefer BOTH the taste AND the feel-good-effect of those organic, unprocessed foods! Plus...your body will thank you with good health and long life. How's that for a deal?!! Congrats on breaking the 200 barrier...just keep doin' whatever you're doin'...it's working!

    ReplyDelete