Monday, October 18, 2010

The Human Body is Quite the Puzzle

Yesterday was Field Day. Sure, there was a bit of running around, but in the course of a single afternoon I downed a burger, a hot dog, a heaping spoonful of potato salad, a plethora of potato chips (yes, I know how much is a plethora), and a few sodas. It was basically a complete collapse. I have also not worked out for the past few days (I threw my neck out at an audition on Wednesday).

New low weight this morning. Go figure.

Who knows how that happened, but I'm at peace with it. Worked out this morning, have been eating healthy again, and am ready to pass the big 200.

I have now lost over 20 pounds! True, I'm averaging one pound lost every 17 days, but the way I figure, if I HADN'T been trying to lose weight in the past year, I probably would have PUT ON about 20. So in truth, this is roughly a 40-pound swing. And THAT, I feel, is pretty impressive.

Had a stand-up show last night, and have another tonight. Also got re-booked for the gig at Beso, Eva Longoria's restaurant, next Wednesday the 27th. My schedule is really filling up. I feel like Celine Dion. IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.

I don't know what that means. Please disregard.

I've been writing more stand-up material lately. It's amazing, however, how you can write what feels like enough to fill three HBO comedy specials, and then you practice it in the mirror and you're through it before you've had a chance to finish your Twix bar. (That's a joke. I've never eaten a Twix bar.) Going to be trying a little bit of my new stuff tonight. I'm probably going to fuck it up. But that's just the optimist in me talking. You know what, forget it. Take out the 'probably.'

No response yet from the two literary agents who are looking over my manuscript. It's probably just taking them a while because they're trying to think of a way to break it to me that they're offering me a five-book deal and six-figure advance.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 361 weight: 201.3 lbs
Total loss: 21.1 lbs

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Sometimes you eat horribly and still lose weight. Go figure. Hey, Mister Busy, I'm reading your blog so how about reading mine once in a while. I'd like your feedback. By the way, I'm doing the nanowrimo challenge. I'm committed to writing a 50,000 word novel in November. I don't know what the hell I'm going to write but I'm going to give it a try. The group is worldwide and over 700 people in Naperville alone are doing this. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you lost weight, even while pigging out. The last thing I'd do now is start eating healthy and exercising - sure to put it all back on. Grab that Twix bar and all the other Halloween candy that's lying around, and gorge. Watch the weight drop off. And by the way, why do they call those little teeny candy bars "fun size"? Wouldn't it be more fun to eat a really big, gooey monster bar? Go figure!
    Glad to hear about all the other positives in your life right now. Keep up the creative writing and cut back on the poker. Better to write book than make book, I always say. Yes, always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go figure, indeed! If you don't let a complete collapse happen too often, and you're back to tennis, working out, etc..the next day, then that's why it's working! The furnace is stoked and you're burning those calories...probably even in your sleep! So proud of you for so many reasons!! Bet you can't wait to see that ONE at the beginning of the number on the scale! ; ) Hope you rocked it at your show last night! Keep the good stuff comin'!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete