Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Pizza, Cupcake and Beer Diet

Not sure how this happened, folks, but I had one mini-pizza (it was like Bagel Bite size), a cupcake and half a beer last night, and I somehow dropped a pound since yesterday morning. I'm hoping that some minion of the devil has possessed my earthly vessel and is gorging itself on my internals to feed its insatiable blood-lust. That would explain the pleasantly surprising number on the scale this morning, and would also bode well for continued weight loss!

Well, hold on now... maybe my idea of pigging out these days isn't quite like my idea of pigging out in days of yore. I used to be able to put away a whole pizza (we ain't talkin' Bagel Bites any longer) in one sitting, and then top it off with a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Then, I would be depressed the next day at my lack of self-control, and would attempt to eat my way out of my sadness at the Costco food court. And as we all know, there is simply nothing more depressing that THAT.

But you know what? A few little nasty snacks and less than a full beer at a party? I ate well the rest of the day, and worked out for an hour and a half this morning. That's what I'm learning more and more - as long as you don't COMPLETELY let go in those tricky situations, there's no need to buy a one-way ticket to Fatsville. Not to mention that property values there have plummeted recently. Nah... for my money, I'd much rather save up and make a more intelligent investment in one of the sprawling estates of Slender Heights.

All right, I let that metaphor a little loose and it got out of control. I admit it.

Am going to a screening tonight with a wine reception to follow, which means there will likely be wine there, as well as quite possibly some cheese and cracker-type comestibles. I'm going to need to make an especial effort to cool it with the goodies, as I don't want to press my luck. Besides, I don't want to overfeed my demon. He has enough to munch on in there.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 355 weight: 202.6 lbs
Total loss: 19.8 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I will eat at Subway or somewhere healthy before I got to events, so that I'm full and don't splurge.

    ReplyDelete