Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Theory of Relativity

Let's look at where we're at, shall we?

I have lost about 13 pounds in 124 days. That's about 1 pound every 10 days. That's not real great.

BUT, all things are relative, I say. I'm in a lot better shape, for example, than someone who has lost 30 pounds and then gained back 17 of it. I'm still going in the right direction, and I haven't succumbed to one of those yo-yo diets. Instead I'm eating good, healthy food (for the most part) and am feeling like I could really make these some never-ending changes in my life.

Plus, I don't really look at it like 13 pounds. It's more like 25. Because, at the rate I was going, I probably would have weighed about 234 pounds right now if I hadn't taken action. So that makes me feel a little better.

Anyway, I've been better since that pizza episode. Although I did eat some unnecessary carbs today.

In other news, I'm going to go do stand-up again tonight - hopefully I'll feel slightly less nervous than the last time, although this time it will be in front of more people. I still eagerly await my first heckler. That's going to be an adventure.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 124 weight: 209.5 lbs
Total loss: 12.9 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Just curious...not paranoid...am I the butt of any of your jokes? I know I've provided you with some excellent material over the years...oy
    :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure if I was it would be funny coming from you. I'm totally at a point in life where I'd better be able to laugh at myself. Iyamwhatiyam!
    Hope your second stand up gig went even better than the first!
    ....and congrats on steadily moving in the right direction in regards to discarding your lard! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dad? JUST DAD??? Don't think you're too big for me to take across my knee and... Wait, you ARE too big. Darn!! Okay, okay. Let's have it. What could there possibly be about me that you would find humorous? Or that your audience would find humorous? Careful here. You're in jeopardy of being cut out of the will. No clay poker chips for you!

    ReplyDelete