Monday, February 8, 2010

British Columbian Druglords

The title of this post doesn't really mean anything, other than it being a reference to my trip to Canada this past weekend. I just think the idea of a British Columbian druglord is humorous. And I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone in this.

So yeah - Erin and I took an impromptu trip to Canada! We knew we'd be going sometime soon, but I've certainly never traveled internationally without knowing when I would be doing so at least a week in advance. It was a great trip - we visited her mother and met her mother's boyfriend, lucked out with some fabulous weather, and got to see a lot of beautiful Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

And we ate some food.

I could have been worse. I definitely could have been better. We did a lot of walking, and I did eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but I think a lot of their benefits were equalized by some of the non-fruits and anti-veggies that also went shooting down my gullet. There was poutine, for example. French fries and curd cheese drenched in gravy. I was actually pretty well-behaved in the poutine department, but you get the idea. I also consumed a few alcoholic beverages, which may or may not have been topped with whipped cream. And for those of you who are judging me right now, it's not my fault that there are things in this world more delicious than beer. Get over yourself.

And then, of course, there was Super Bowl Sunday. Ate a little pizza, I sure did. Not gonna let you make me feel guilty about it either. I needed it. It was too stressful waiting to see if the Bears were going to be able to pull it out. OH WAIT.

BUT. I'm going to the gym as soon as my laundry is done, and I'm back to my Omega-3 egg, banana, flaxseed supplement, yogurt, nuts and seeds diet.

Until tonight anyway, when I take Erin out to dinner for our two-year anniversary and I gorge myself on a plateful of gnocchi or some such nonsense.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 108 weight: 211.7 lbs
Total loss: 10.7 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment