Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beef Twinkies

Okay, so I've never posted a picture in one of my blogs before, but I figured this is as good a one as any to be the first:





I am now officially not hungry for either red meat or junk food. Thank you, picture of Beef Twinkies. You have made me desire carrot sticks. Bravo.

Okay, so I haven't been doing well on the ol' diet. Here's the problem - Tuesday was my home game poker championship, and I bought everyone pizza, pasta, beer, sodas, desserts, chips, and Goldfish crackers. However, I apparently bought enough for poker players everywhere. There was quite a bit leftover, and I have not done that great a job avoiding it. I should have just tossed it all out or given it away, but the other problem is that I spent so much money on it all that I felt like I needed to eat it just to get my money's worth. Make sense? Am I crazy? I mean - I know I'm fat, but am I also crazy?

Plus, I did not win, nor did I even cash, so I have been stress noshing. I really wanted to win. (Crunch crunch nibble nibble)

Goldfish crackers are killer, by the way. Would they taste nearly as good if they were not shaped like smiling fish? Doubtful. The very least they could do would be to include some fish oil, so at least they had some nutritional benefit. Maybe the makers of Beef Twinkies will come out with that. Goldfish crackers - now with 100% real fish oil! Throw a couple of scallops in there... you got yourself a party.

So I've decided I'm going to perform my stand-up... FINALLY. This coming Wednesday, at a little coffeehouse called Cafe Muse in Hollywood. Comfortable atmosphere, support of a lot of other aspiring comics, no one I'm afraid to follow. Seems like the right place. I have to trim my material down to five minutes though. And I have to not let that screw me up. Good luck, basketcase.

Oh, and I'm going to hit 100 pages in my novel tonight or tomorrow! SUCK IT, short stories and novellas! This one's going to be a LONG one! (That's what she said)

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 111 weight: 212.3 lbs
Total loss: 10.1 lbs

1 comment:

  1. That picture has helped me face another day of healthy eating with a smile! Although I believe my recent illness...or food poisoning...whichever it was, has me convinced that I can stick to a very disciplined list of foods..no problem. March 1st I'm planning on starting a 3 week elimination diet to figure out which food groups are responsible for my mostly unhappy gut..wish me luck!
    And get back on track, you! Just think MEATCAKE! (It's easier than asking you to lay off of poker for awhile)

    ReplyDelete