Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Third Conversation With Food

Me: You got a second?
Food: Oh, Jesus. Are we really going to do this again?
Me: Look - I know you're probably upset. For the past month or two, our relationship has been a little... tame.
Food: Tame? Is that what it is?
Me: Please don't do that thing where you turn everything into a question. I want you to take this seriously.
Food: Oh. Sorry this conversation isn't going exactly according to your plan. Food-hater.
Me: I don't... I don't hate you. I still love you. I still really love you. Sometimes, when I think about some of the things I want to do to you...
Food: Spare me.
Me: The fact is that I like where things are right now. It feels good. Right. Wholesome.
Food: Oh, please. You had a salad for dinner last night. A salad. Are you going to pretend you're not in serious denial?
Me: It was a good salad.
Food: "It was a good salad."
Me: Don't mock me. That's childish and uncalled for.
Food: Well, I don't know what you want from me. I've always made myself very available to you. Now it seems that's no good.
Me: We can still... fool around once in a while. But isn't it okay if, for the most... we can just be friends?
(Silence)
Food: You did not just give me that line.
Me: I don't think you're being--
Food: Eat me.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 344 weight: 206.2 lbs
Total loss: 16.2 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Food, it's time to move on and find someone else to torture. Nice work, Todd. At least you know you tried to be nice about it. Sometimes you just have to be the one to create a little distance in a relationship ; )

    ReplyDelete