Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm Going to Try Something

Okay, let's be honest. This blog isn't working. The idea when I started out was that I might lose weight easier if I made myself accountable by writing regularly in a public forum. Worked for a few weeks. For the past 6 months, all it's been is a semi-routine reminder of my various shortcomings/failures in the weight loss department. And that doesn't do wonders for lighting a fire under my (larger than ideal) ass.

So Plan B: I am going to continue to write in this blog, but ONLY each time I hit a new low weight. I've been doing pretty well the last week or so, and am back under 211 pounds, so all's not terrible (and at least all of the weddings are behind me), but I'm hoping that this new strategy will do a better job of inspiring and motivating me, as this way I might be able to fool myself into thinking that I know what the hell I'm doing.

So, obviously, I won't be posting to this blog as frequently, but it's not like I've been exactly on the ball with it lately anyway. Hopefully every week or two I'll hit a new low, and each of my reports will be filled with joyous optimism and the utmost confidence, instead of the usual griping, excuses and humorous deflection. Doesn't that sound nice?

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 219: 210.8 lbs
Total loss: 11.6 lbs

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan....good luck! Hope to see a new post soon....♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever wanna join me in a pilates class, you are more than welcome! It kicks my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...your Chinese friend sure has a lot to say!!

    wt???

    ReplyDelete