Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheese Wheel of Fortune

I just ate two fortune cookies. The first one said, "Adversity is the first path to truth." The second one said, "You should have stopped after the first cookie."

Day 200. Sad. Hopefully someday I will figure out what I'm doing wrong, and will learn how to lose more than 12 pounds in a year. I mean, of course I know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not going to the gym enough, I'm still eating crap on a regular basis, etc. But maybe I'll figure out why I can't seem to keep up with those things, while my friends Jim and Jennifer have lost a whole person. And kept him off.

Erin just got a new kitten, and it's the darned cutest thing you ever did see. It had its first vet visit today, and it weighs one pound. ONE POUND. I thought the only things that came in one pound were ground beef and macademia nuts. I wish I weighed one pound. Life would be so much simpler. I wouldn't have to worry about breaking chairs when I sat in them. I would only have to buy one seat on an airplane. I wouldn't get kicked out of an elevator when there are already two people inside. People would stop putting "Makes wide right turns" signs on my back when I'm not looking.

Last week was a little discouraging, which is the main reason I didn't write in this blog. I did everything I was supposed to - I ate well (after my first ever Whole Foods shopping trip) and either went to the gym or played tennis five out of seven days. And gained a pound. Sucks. The ship has righted itself a bit in the last week, so that takes some of the sting out of it. But still - I should have lost about 27 pounds last week. If life was fair, I mean.

This weekend will be the last of the weddings. As much as I love love and happiness and joyful merriment and all that, it will be nice to no longer be in the world of free hors d'oeuvres and open bars. I know that I don't need to eat stuff just because it's available, but... it's so AVAILABLE. If it were a Hollywood celebrity, it would be Britney Spears - it's mostly biochemically engineered and will fill your body with toxins, but it's there for the taking, so why not?

lkfdll llzlkdfhhfhddfdddddddddddddd

The kitten just wrote that. Word.

Starting weight 222.4 lbs
Day 200 weight: 211.1 lbs
Total loss: 11.3 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh,Todd....I hope you can at least look at it this way:
    Twelve pounds in a year is better than NO pounds in a year...or GAINING!! ; )

    ReplyDelete