Monday, April 26, 2010

I Need to Eat More Phish Food If I Don't Want To Be a Chunky Monkey

Yes - ice cream is still on my mind.

Tomorrow will be the last poker game I host at my apartment for a while. Honestly, I'm not that upset about it. The break will be nice, and it will allow me to concentrate on some of the things that are more important, like going to the racetrack and calling my bookie to place bets on sporting events.

That was a joke, of course. And I don't really have a bookie. And even if I did, I wouldn't publish the fact in a public forum that both my mother and girlfriend frequent.

No - it will give me an extra evening every week to work on my writing, to do stand-up or to go on auditions. I won't have to sleep in on Wednesday mornings, so I can get more done then, too. All in all a good thing. Except for the money I won't be winning.

Tonight the ol' Side Work gang is getting back together. Going forward, the group is likely going to be more of an artistic support group, at which each of us has a chance to find out what everyone else is up to, and lend our advice and encouragement. Certainly many of us will continue to work on projects together, however, and we are also probably going to open the group up to others. Friends of friends only though, please. Randoms need not apply.

I need to fix my bedtime. True, I don't have any specific time I need to be up in the mornings, but when I'm up until 2:00 and then up at 10:00 or 11:00, I don't go to the gym because then I feel like I'm spending the whole day not getting anything done. I'm much more likely to go work out when I can be up at a reasonable hour. Like 9:45.

Oh, and I've started getting some responses on my book and they're super-positive! It's really motivating me to get those query letters written and start submitting... should be getting them out there this week! WOOT!

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs.
Day 185 weight: 212.1 lbs.
Total loss: 10.3 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Cute ice cream theme you have going here. Just go ahead, stop in and get a kiddie scoop once in awhile, walk out of the ice cream store, and savor every little spoonful. At least you're getting to have some really good ice cream and not doing any real damage! Oh....and try going to bed at 1 and getting up at 9. C'mon, I know you can do it...and then you'll have the whole day to accomplish wonderful amazing, creative and profitable things!! Thanks for the updates...something great IS coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete