Monday, March 8, 2010

Todd Kreisman and the Temptations

No, I haven't joined a doo-wop R&B fusion vocal group. I'm just annoyed by all of the temptations out there.

I feel like I would be doing so much better at this weight loss thing if the rest of the world was on the same page with me. But I go to an industry panel discussion, and there is free pizza. FREE! PIZZA! What part of that can a person not like? And I go to a party, and there are chips and beer and cheese and crackers. And I go to an Oscar party and there are all kinds of meats packed into all kinds of bready casings. WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO FAIL, WORLD???

Sometimes I'm better at resisting the urges than at others. When I'm stressed, forget about it. I realize that I eventually have to figure out how to follow the rules even when I've lost a game or have been stuck in traffic. But it doesn't help that there's always a Taco Bell nearby to ease my pain.

I'm still sticking to many of the things that have been helping me experience some degree of success, but I do need to cut out some of the excess. My problem is that I forget too often. I will quite literally put something in my mouth, swallow and digest it and then think, "Oh yeah - I'm trying to lose weight." Old habits die hard. Especially when those habits are delicious.

I hit 300 pages in my novel yesterday - should finish it up in the next week. If I can manage to sell that, I'll be able to afford a personal trainer who can force me to go the gym and slap the back of my hand every time it reaches for a thin mint.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 136 weight: 210.3 lbs
Total loss: 12.1 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Refusing free pizza is completely against human nature....even California pizza (I think) Parties are the worst possible place for a dieter to be. The phrase 'I'll start over tomorrow' automatically pops into your head when good looking (and smelling....and tasting) food is right under your nose. I guess you'll have to stop being such a party animal..
    But hey...12 pounds is 12 pounds! Carry around something that weighs 12 pounds for awhile, take a walk, go up some stairs. Then you can have a better appreciation for what you have accomplished thus far. So put on your new pants and do a little happy dance...it will burn off the Taco Bell! ; )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete