Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There's a Monster in My Bathroom

Be very quiet. Don't make any sudden movements. There's a monster in there in the shape of a scale. I'm not going to go in there. You can't make me. God knows what it would do to me if I did.

Okay, so yeah, I'm a little leery of the scale right now. I haven't eaten great in the past week, and now I have guests in town, and then I'm going to be on a road trip, and then I'm going to be back home. None of this bodes well.

Not that I'm throwing all caution to the wind. I'm still trying to make smart choices here and there when I'm able, and I'm certainly not letting myself go or anything. But my brother and I are destined to eat some fast food on our way back to the midwest. And I am destined to eat some deep dish pizza when I get there. That's just the way of the world.

So I might not post any actual numbers until after I get back from my trip. And maybe not even then. Come to think of it, numbers are overrated. They get too much press. Shouldn't it be less about the actual numbers, and more about how healthy I feel inside?

Oh wait - that doesn't work either. I feel like a cow.

Starting weight: 222.4 lbs
Day 144 weight: Shhhhhh
Total loss: You're going to wake it up

1 comment:

  1. You may be in for deep dish pizza while you're here, but we're gonna walk it off. I think it's more about moving more right now....for both of us. So plan on it...for the time you are here, you will be my walkin' buddy! : )

    ReplyDelete